Nikon Introduces New Laser Rangefinder PROSTAFF 5
March 29, 2012
Nikon Vision Co., Ltd., a subsidiary of Nikon Corporation, is pleased to announce the release of its Laser Rangefinder PROSTAFF 5—a new Nikon Sport Optics PROSTAFF brand model—with a progressive high-speed ranging system out to 550 m/600 yd. with 0.1-m/yd. distance display step.
Laser Rangefinder PROSTAFF 5 features a stylish, ergonomic design and a sleek, palm-sized body. Subjects can be captured easily and immediately with the 6x multicoated lenses, large ocular lens and wider field of view. Distant Target Priority Mode enables easy distance-measuring, even when there is a wooded background. The LED illumination, which can be turned on and off manually, provides a bright display in dark conditions. Laser Rangefinder PROSTAFF 5 is easy to use and offers quick measuring for hunting and other simple survey measurements.
- Compact, lightweight and ergonomic design
- Measurement range: 10 – 550 m (11 – 600 yd.)
- Distant Target Priority Mode displays the range to the farthest target among multiple results obtained with a single measurement—useful in wooded areas
- Single or continuous measurement (up to 8 seconds)
- Distance display step is 0.1 m/yd.
- High-quality 6x monocular with multilayer coating for bright, clear images
- Light transmittance is greatly improved for a brighter field of view
- Larger ocular for easy viewing (18 mm)
- Wider field of view (7.5°)
- Longer eye relief design affords eyeglass wearers easy viewing
- Diopter adjustment function
- LED illumination for easy viewing of the display in dark conditions
- Waterproof (up to 1 m for 10 minutes), but not for underwater usage; the battery chamber is water-resistant
- Wide temperature tolerance: −10 °C to +50 °C
|Measurement range||10 – 550 m/11 – 600 yd.|
|Distance display (increment)||Every 0.1 m/yd.|
|Effective objective diameter||21 mm|
|Actual field of view||7.5°|
|Exit pupil||3.5 mm|
|Eye relief||18.3 mm|
|Dimensions (L × H × W)||111 × 70 × 40 mm|
|Weight (excluding battery)||165 g|
|Power source||CR2 lithium battery × 1 (DC3V)
Auto power shutoff function (activated after 8 sec.)
|Safety||Class 1M Laser Product (EN/IEC60825-1:2007), Class I Laser Product (FDA/21 CFR Part 1040.10:1985)|
|EMC||FCC Part 15 Subpart B Class B, EU:EMC directive, AS/NZS, VCCI Class B|
- The specifications of the product may not be achieved depending on the target object's shape, surface texture and nature, and/or weather conditions.
- This information is current as of the date of publication. It is subject to change without notice.