Digital Compact Camera Nikon COOLPIX S570
August 4, 2009
A smart, flat design equipped with advanced functions for capturing precious moments with simplicity and style
TOKYO — Nikon Corporation is pleased to announce the introduction of the COOLPIX S570. The COOLPIX S570 features a 5x zoom NIKKOR lens with 28mm wide-angle coverage and the performance benefits of Nikon's innovative EXPEED digital image-processing concept. With 12.0 effective megapixels of sharp resolution and a flat body that fits right in your pocket, the COOLPIX S570 offers carefree and flexible shooting.
The COOLPIX S570 is equipped with Nikon's Smart Portrait System, a series of advanced functions that help produce consistently great portraits. The new Skin Softening function automatically detects and analyzes the subject's skin and then adjusts smoothness for enhanced results. Face-priority AF automatically detects as many as 12 faces in the shot and helps produce satisfying portraits by adjusting focus and exposure. Smile Timer automatically releases the shutter when the priority subject smiles while the Blink Proof function automatically shoots two sequential frames and saves the one in which the subject's eyes are wide open. In-Camera Red-Eye Fix automatically corrects any perceived red-eye effect before saving the image to memory.
The COOLPIX S570's high sensitivity of up to ISO 3200 at any image size up to its maximum of 4000 x 3000 pixels enables flexibility when shooting in low light or when capturing fast-moving subjects. This creates new opportunities to take sharper, more natural-looking photos the moment they occur.
The COOLPIX S570 will be available in Warm Silver, Black, Blue, Red or Pink. (Color name and color availability may vary according to region.)
- Note: Specifications, design, product name, standard accessories, and release schedule may differ by country or area.
Nikon COOLPIX S570 Feature Highlights
- Intelligent automation contributes to carefree shooting
- Nikon's Scene Auto Selector eliminates the need to manually select a scene mode to match the shot, making it faster and easier to capture the moment. The COOLPIX S570 uses this intelligent function to analyze the subject and surrounding setting and automatically selects the most appropriate of the following six scene modes to achieve optimal results — Portrait, Landscape, Night Portrait, Night Landscape, Close-up, or Backlight.
- Four advanced image stabilizing features help ensure sharper results
- Nikon's electronic VR (Vibration Reduction) image stabilization compensates for the effects of camera shake. Motion Detection automatically controls shutter speed and the ISO setting to compensate for subject movement as well as camera shake. ISO 3200 capability at any image size up to its maximum of 4000 x 3000 pixels allows faster shutter speeds when shooting in low light or capturing fast-moving subjects. Nikon's original BSS (Best Shot Selector) function automatically shoots a series of sequential frames and saves the one with the sharpest focus.
- Quick Retouch
- Quick Retouch adds the right finishing touch to your photos by automatically creating a retouched copy with the best balance of contrast and saturation.
Nikon COOLPIX S570 Other Features
- 16 handy scene modes for optimized shooting in various settings
- Active Zoom
- Auto Sort and Favorite Pictures functions
- Four movie modes with sound
- Time zone function for easy setting of multiple locations
- Approx. 47 MB of internal memory
- Hi-Speed USB connectivity
Nikon Digital Camera COOLPIX S570 Specifications
|Effective pixels||12.0 million|
|Image sensor||1/2.3-in. CCD; total pixels: approx. 12.39 million|
|Lens||5x zoom NIKKOR; 5.0-25.0mm (equivalent with 35mm  format picture angle: 28-140mm); f/2.7-6.6; Digital zoom: up to 4x (35mm  format picture angle: 560mm)|
|Focus range (from lens)||45cm (1 ft. 6 in.) to infinity (∞), Macro mode: 3cm (1.2 in.) to infinity (∞)|
|Monitor||2.7-in., approx. 230k-dot, TFT LCD with anti-reflection coating|
|Storage media||Internal memory (approx. 47 MB), SD/SDHC memory cards*1|
|Image size (pixels)||4000 x 3000 (High: 4000★/Normal: 4000), 3264 x 2448 (Normal: 3264), 2592 x 1944 (Normal: 2592), 2048 x 1536 (Normal: 2048), 1024 x 768 (PC: 1024), 640 x 480 (TV: 640), 3968 x 2232 (16:9: 3968)|
|Vibration Reduction (VR)||Electronic VR|
|ISO sensitivity||ISO 80, 100, 200, 400, 800, 1600, 3200, Auto (auto gain ISO 80-1600), Fixed range auto (ISO 80-400, 80-800)|
|Power sources||Rechargeable Li-ion Battery EN-EL10 (supplied), AC Adapter EH-62D (optional)|
|Battery life||Approx. 220 shots with EN-EL10 battery|
|Dimensions (W x H x D)||Approx. 92 x 56.5 x 21.5 mm (3.6 x 2.2 x 0.8 in.) excluding projections|
|Weight||Approx. 120 g (4.2 oz.) without battery and SD/SDHC memory card|
|Supplied accessories*2||Rechargeable Li-ion Battery EN-EL10, Battery Charger MH-63, USB Cable UC-E6, Audio Video Cable EG-CP14, Strap AN-CP19, Software Suite CD-ROM|
|Optional accessory||AC Adapter EH-62D|
- *1Not compatible with Multi Media Cards (MMC).
- *2Supplied accessories may differ by country or area.
|OS||Macintosh: Mac OS X (version 10.3.9, 10.4.11, 10.5.6, 10.5.7)
Windows: Preinstalled versions of Windows Vista Service Pack 1 (32-bit Home Basic/Home Premium/Business/Enterprise/Ultimate editions), Windows XP Service Pack 3 (Home Edition/Professional)
|Note||CD-ROM drive required for installation. Only built-in USB ports are supported.|
- Microsoft®, Windows® and Windows Vista™ are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries.
Macintosh®, Mac® OS and QuickTime® are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Apple Inc. in the United States and/or other countries.
The SDHC logo is a trademark. PictBridge is a trademark.
The FotoNation logo is a trademark.
CompactFlash® and Extreme® are registered trademarks of SanDisk Corporation.
Products and brand names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective companies.
Images on displays shown in this brochure are simulated.
- Specifications and equipment are subject to change without any notice or obligation on the part of the manufacturer.
- The information is current as of the date of publication. It is subject to change without notice.