AF-S NIKKOR 24-85mm f/3.5-4.5G ED VR
June 14, 2012
A compact, lightweight Nikon FX-format standard zoom lens suitable for a variety of shooting situations
TOKYO - Nikon Corporation is pleased to announce the release of the AF-S NIKKOR 24-85mm f/3.5-4.5G ED VR standard zoom lens, with a 3.5x zoom ratio, compatible with the FX format.
The AF-S NIKKOR 24-85mm F/3.5-4.5G ED VR is a highly versatile lens with a focal length of 24-85mm, making it ideal for shooting in a wide variety of situations including landscapes, portraits and snapshots. The lens also offers an extensive set of features including vibration reduction (VR II) to provide camera shake compensation equivalent to a shutter speed increase of approximately four steps, the Silent Wave Motor (SWM) for quiet autofocus operation and two focus modes - M/A (autofocus with manual override) and M (manual). Furthermore, despite the fact that it is compact, lightweight and priced affordably, the AF-S NIKKOR 24-85mm f/3.5-4.5G ED VR realizes images that maximizes the characteristics of high-resolution, high image quality FX-format D-SLR cameras, making it a lens that you can use regularly.
In 2012, Nikon released the D4, D800 and D800E. Along with the expansion of FX-format D-SLR camera lineup, Nikon has strengthened its NIKKOR lens lineup. With the optical technologies Nikon has spent years cultivating, Nikon will continue to meet and exceed the expectations of professional and advanced amateur photographers who demand increasingly advanced shooting and expressiveness by proactively developing and releasing highly functional, high-performance products.
AF-S NIKKOR 24-85mm f/3.5-4.5G ED VR Primary Features
- An standard zoom lens with a zoom ratio of 3.5x, a focal length of 24-85mm and FX-format compatible, allowing you to enjoy shooting a wide variety of situations with just one lens
- Vibration reduction (VR II) offering camera shake compensation equivalent to a shutter speed increase of approximately four steps
- Silent Wave Motor (SWM) for extremely quiet autofocusing
- Two focus modes, M/A (autofocus with manual override) and M (manual)
- The optical system with ED and aspherical lens elements optimal for D-SLR cameras enables sharp rendering and superior optical performance
- A size and weight that makes it very portable
The information is current as of the date of publication. It is subject to change without notice.