AF-S NIKKOR 50mm f/1.4G
September 22, 2008
50mm single-focal-length lens with normal picture angle
TOKYO – Nikon Corporation is pleased to announce the introduction of the 50mm single-focal-length lens AF-S NIKKOR 50mm f/1.4G (when attached to a DX-format SLR, picture angle is equivalent to a focal length of 75mm in FX/35mm format).
This latest addition to the NIKKOR lineup features a large maximum aperture of f/1.4, enabling it to be used for easy handheld shooting in dark settings, such as a dimly lit room. It also allows photographers to easily create beautiful large blur effects. The lens' Silent Wave Motor (SWM) ensures quick, quiet autofocus. Autofocus shooting is made possible with SLR models that do not have a built-in motor, such as the D40 series and D60.
The AF-S NIKKOR 50mm f/1.4G is a high-performance large-aperture, single-focal-length lens especially suitable for professional and advanced amateurs who use Nikon FX-format cameras such as the D3 and D700, and frequently shoot human subjects as well as night landscapes and astronomy. What's more, when attached to a DX-format SLR, this f/1.4 lens with 75mm equivalent picture angle is capable of shooting portraits with beautiful blur effects.
AF-S NIKKOR 50mm f/1.4G Major Features
- AF-S 50mm lens – a fast, single-focal-length lens with normal picture angle (when attached to a DX-format SLR, the picture angle is equivalent to a focal length of 75mm in FX/35mm format)
- Large maximum aperture of f/1.4
- Well-balanced design realizes both high MTF performance and natural-looking picture blur
- Newly developed optical system effectively corrects sagittal coma flare and chromatic aberration
- Silent Wave Motor (SWM) ensures smooth, quiet AF operation
- Two focus modes are available – M/A (manual-priority autofocus) and M (manual focus)
- Focus ring does not rotate in AF operation
- Natural blur effects thanks to nine-blade rounded diaphragm
- Although all lens groups shift during focusing, the lens barrel length does not change
AF-S NIKKOR 50mm f/1.4G Specifications
|Lens construction||8 elements in 7 group|
|Closest focus distance||0.45 m/1.5 ft.|
|No. of diaphragm blades||9 (rounded)|
|Filter attachment size||58mm|
|Diameter x length (extension from lens mount)||Approx. 73.5 x 54 mm/2.9 x 2.1 in.|
|Weight||Approx. 280 g/9.9 oz|
|Supplied accessories||58mm snap-on front lens cap LC-58, Rear lens cap LF-1, Bayonet hood HB-47, Flexible lens pouch CL-1013|
- *Specifications and equipment are subject to change without any notice or obligation on the part of the manufacturer. September 2008
The information is current as of the date of publication. It is subject to change without notice.