Nikon Introduces New Laser Rangefinder "Laser 550"
March 1, 2008
Nikon Vision Co., Ltd., a subsidiary of Nikon Corporation, is pleased to present the new "Laser 550", a compact, lightweight, waterproof laser rangefinder, engineered for hunting use.
Nikon's Laser 600 had been very successful in hunting market since its release in 2003. The new Laser 550 inherits Laser 600's legacy, equipped with the Distant Target Priority mode for easy measurement, ergonomic design, and is made available at the lower price range.
- Compact, lightweight (180g), ideal for hunting use
- Reasonably priced
- Distant Target Priority mode enables easy measurement of the distance of prey in heavily wooded areas. Distant Target Priority mode displays the range to the farthest target among multiple results obtained with a single measurement.
- High-quality 6x monocular with multilayer coating for bright images
- Waterproof (up to 1 meter for 10 minutes): Sealed with O-rings and filled with nitrogen gas. The battery chamber is water resistant.
- High-eyepoint design allows easy viewing even with eyeglasses.
- Measurement range: 10-500m/11-550yd.
Nikon Laser Rangefinder Laser 550 Specifications
|Measurement range||10-500m/11-550 yd.|
|Distance display||Every 0.5m/yd. (shorter than 100m/yd.)
Every 1.0m/yd. (greater than 100m/yd.)
|Effective objective diameter (mm)||21|
|Actual field of view (º)||6.0|
|Exit pupil (mm)||3.5|
|Eye relief (mm)||18.2|
|Dimensions (LxHxW) (mm)||130x69x37|
|Power source||CR2 lithium battery x 1 (DC 3V)
Auto power shutoff function equipped (after 8 sec.)
|Safety and EMC||VCCI class B, Class 1M laser product (IEC60825-1:2001),
Class 1 laser product (21CFR 1040.10 and 1040.11) CE,
EMC directive, Fcc Part15 subpart B Class B, c-tick, WEEE
- *The specifications of the product may not be achieved depending on the target object's shape, surface texture and nature, and/or weather conditions.
The information is current as of the date of publication. It is subject to change without notice.