Nikon introduces StabilEyes 12x32
-- compact, lightweight VR (Vibration Reduction) binoculars
August 22, 2003
Nikon Vision Co., Ltd., a subsidiary of Nikon Corporation, is proud to announce the release of our new StabilEyes 12x32 binoculars, featuring vibration reduction (VR) technology. These compact, lightweight, 12x magnification binoculars are an ideal choice for viewing birds, sporting events and numerous other applications.
The higher your binoculars' magnification, the more your images are affected by hand-shake, and the more difficult it becomes to observe objects.
At Nikon, we've gone all-out to meet requests from our customers for high-magnification binoculars that enable them to view birds and sporting events. Our Nikon StabilEyes 14x40 binoculars, with vibration reduction, have been well-received since their release in March, 2002.
Our new compact and lightweight StabilEyes 12x32 binoculars are general-use VR binoculars that employ the VR function with truly impressive response and stability. A VR PAUSE button puts the vibration reduction function on pause, doing away with the annoying image shake that occurs when you chase a target object while looking through the binoculars. To increase light penetration and ensure a brighter, clearer view, all lenses are multilayer coated and the prism offers phase-correction-coating. The body has been filled with nitrogen gas
and sealed with O-rings to provide secure waterproofing and make it safe for use in the rain. StabilEyes 12x32 binoculars are an ideal choice when you require a stable, clear view for birdwatching, sporting events and countless other applications.
StabilEyes 12x32 Features
- Reduced vibration for superior performance and a steady view
- Nikon's exclusive VR PAUSE button ensures a comfortable view while panning, tilting or following fast-moving objects
- Fully multilayer-coated lenses for optimal brightness
- Phase-correction-coated prisms for superior resolution
- Long eye relief design enables use with eyeglasses
- Waterproof (up to 1m/3.3 ft. for 5 minutes) and fog-free with nitrogen gas and O-ring seals
- Turn-and-slide rubber eyecups
- Ergonomic styling for comfortable grip, easy access to adjustments
- Soft, comfortable neck strap included
|Objective lens diameter||32mm|
|Vibration reduction system||Optical compensation by erecting prisms with gimballed frame|
|VR PAUSE function||Pauses the vibration reduction system by pressing the VR PAUSE button|
|Vibration compensation range||+/- 3 °|
|Field of view (actual)||5.0 °|
|Field of view (apparent)||60 °|
|Field of view at 1,000m||87m|
|Dioptre adjustment||+/- 3 dpt.|
|Interpupillary distance adjustment||56-72mm|
|Close focusing distance||3.5m|
|Dimensions (L x W x D)||178 x 142 x 81mm|
|Weight||1,130g (without batteries)|
|Operating temperature range||-10 °C to +50 °C|
|Battery||Two AA-type alkaline batteries|
|Battery life||Approx. 6 hours (continuous operation with AA-type alkaline batteries at normal temperature [20 °C])|
- The information is current as of the date of publication. It is subject to change without notice.